This morning brought the great news that €40 million is available to develop sports infrastructure around the country with a new round of Sports Capital grants. This scheme has proved very successful in getting much needed funding to clubs across the constituency in recent years and I hope it will benefit many more this year.
I want to see clubs and organisations benefit as much as possible from this funding and so I encourage all who wish to apply to prepare the necessary paperwork for your application in advance.
Applications can only be made online from 9am on Friday 7th September until 5pm on Friday 19th October, 2018. If you are looking to apply, you can register now at www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie
A detailed review of the 2017 round of the Sports Capital Programme was conducted, and the recommendations arising have been fully factored in to the new terms and conditions of the 2018 scheme. In particular, there are some significant changes in assessment methodology to ensure that the number of invalid applications is minimised.
The Sports Capital Programme is the Government’s primary vehicle for supporting the development of sports facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment.
Grants are available for:
- Natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
- Artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
- Security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
- Hurling walls / handball alleys
- Building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
- Building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
- Non-personal equipment including lawn mowers and defibrillators.
- Any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance