Monkstown Village Improvement Scheme
After a long wait, the Monkstown Village Traffic Improvement Scheme is due to start shortly.
Cllr. Patricia Stewart and I have been working on this for several years now so it is very good news to hear that contractors will be on site soon. The scheme presents an opportunity to improve and enhance the public realm in this conservation area whilst improving road safety.
The major elements of the scheme are:
• A signalised pedestrian crossing at Spar
• An increased area of granite at the “Ring” with extra planting and seating
• Two-way road in front of the church
• One-way (and left only) in front of Goggins; one-way on Clifton Avenue (towards the sea)
• Narrowing of the carriageway through the village and widening of footpath
• Parking bays will be indented and surfaced with cobble sets
• Raised flower beds in the Crescent to provide an attractive separation from the road
• A crossing point is being added at Avoca which will incorporate seating and planting
• The existing overhead cables will be removed and the poles relocated
• Street furniture will be rationalised & decorative lighting added
• Loading bays will be reduced in size resulting in no loss of parking as a result of the new scheme
This scheme aims primarily to improve road safety but it will also visually enhance Monkstown.
If you have any further questions on the scheme, Cllr. Patricia Stewart is available to help you at 086 8291002 or at email@example.com. Alternatively, if I can be of assistance on this, or any local or national issue, please contact my office on 01-6312219 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All documentation and drawings can be found on: