Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 20(3) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), that Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown County Council, being the Planning Authority for the County, proposes to make a Local Area Plan for Blackrock.
In complying with the Strategic Environment Assessment Directive (2001/42/EC) and the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations, 2004, (as amended) Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has determined that a Strategic Environmental Assessment is not required.
It has also been determined that an Appropriate Assessment pursuant to Article 6 (3) and (4) of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC and the European Communities (Birds & Natural Habitats) Regulations 2011, is not required.
A copy of the Draft Local Area Plan, the Strategic Environmental Assessment and Appropriate Assessment Screening Reports, will be available for inspection from Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) from Wednesday 3rd September, 2014 to Wednesday 15th October, 2014 inclusive at the following locations:-
- Public Concourse, County Hall, Dún Laoghaire (9.00am – 5:00pm)
- Council Offices, Dundrum Office Park, Dundrum (9.30am – 12.30pm & 1.30pm – 4.30pm)
- All branches of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown Libraries during library opening hours.
The Draft Local Area Plan and Screening Reports may also be viewed on or downloaded from the Council’s website at www.dlrcoco.ie
Draft Local Area Plan and Screening Reports
Public information Sessions:
Three Public Information Sessions will be held in respect of the Draft Local Area Plan, at which Council Officials will be available to answer queries and accept written submissions on the following dates:
- Thursday 18th September, 2014 between the hours of 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- Tuesday 23rd September, 2014 between the hours of 2.00pm – 4.00pm and 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- Wednesday 24th September, 2014 between the hours of 10.00am – 1.00pm
at Blackrock Library, Main Street, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
Submissions and observations may be made in one of the following ways:-
1. Write to:
Senior Executive Officer,
Planning and Enterprise Department,
DúnLaoghaire-Rathdown County Council,
2. Email to:
All submissions and observations in respect of the Draft Blackrock Local Area Plan, made in writing to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council within the above time period will be taken into consideration by the Council in deciding upon the Draft Local Area Plan.
- Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are entitled to make submissions or observations.
- All submissions and observations should include your name and a contact address and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. hard copy or e-mail.
YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 5.00pm on Wednesday 15th October, 2014.
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.