Have your say: Education Committee seeks submissions on SNAs
Submissions invited on the Role of Special Needs Assistants
Mr Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, T.D., on behalf of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Education and Social Protection, is inviting written submissions from interested individuals or groups in relation to the role of Special Needs Assistants (SNAs) in primary and post-primary schools.
All submissions and communications in relation to this matter are being handled by Deputy Ó Ríordáin; submissions should not be sent to any other member of the Committee.
Submissions should be sent, preferably by electronic means, to Deputy Aodhán Ó Ríordáin at email@example.com (in which case it is not necessary to also forward a hard copy of the submission).
Where a submission is not being sent by electronic means, it should be sent to Mr Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, T.D., Dáil Éireann, Leinster House, Kildare Street, Dublin 2, to arrive not later than 3.00 p.m. on Friday 22 November 2013. Submissions sent to any other address may not be accepted.
The following guidelines apply in relation to submissions:
- Submissions should be accompanied by a separate covering letter containing the name and contact details (phone number and postal address and, if available, an email address of the individual or group making the submission. If the submission is being made on behalf of a group, the position of the person in that group should be indicated.
- Anonymous submissions cannot be accepted.
- Submissions should –
- be presented as concisely as possible on numbered pages
- contain –
- a brief introduction, for example, explaining your area of expertise
- any factual information that you have to offer from which the Committee might be able to draw conclusions, or which could be put to other parties for their reactions
- Submissions should indicate if the individual or group on whose behalf they are made would be prepared to appear in public session at any Committee meeting.
A more detailed document outlining the guidelines for making a written submission is available by clicking here: Making Submissions and Presentations to Oireachtas Committees
Making a submission is a public process
There is no obligation to accept your document once it has been submitted, or to publish any or all of the submission if it is accepted. However, the operations of a Parliament are a public process, and any submissions made may be published either as part of a Committee report, or separately, if the Committee decides to do so.
Members of the Committee
Deputy Joanna Tuffy (Chair)
Deputies James Bannon, Ray Butler, Joan Collins, Clare Daly, Brendan Griffin , Jim Daly, Derek Keating, Charlie McConalogue, Nicky McFadden, Jonathan O’Brien, Willie O’Dea, Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, Aengus Ó Snodaigh, Brendan Ryan
Senators Terry Brennan, Jim D’Arcy, Marie Moloney, Mary Moran, Marie-Louise O’Donnell, Averil Power
The deadline for receipt of submissions is 3.00 p.m. on Friday 22 November 2013.
Should you have any queries in relation to this matter, please contact the Clerk to the Committee at the address above, or telephone 01 618 3481.