Deputy Mary Mitchell O’Connor is looking to hire a Secretarial Assistant (SA) to help work with her in her role as a TD representing the constituency of Dún Laoghaire. The role of the SA will be to assist the TD in representing the needs and concerns of her constituents through her work in Dáil Éireann and at a local level.
Duties will include:
- Handling all correspondence between constituents and the TD in a professional and efficient manner
- Meeting with constituents and constituency groups in Leinster House and in the constituency on behalf of the TD
- Managing the TD’s office and supporting the TD on all administrative matters
- Coordinating the TD’s diary
- Representing the TD at events and meetings in the constituency
- Maintaining and consistently updating the TD’s database of representations
- Organising and preparing correspondence for distribution to constituents and party members
- Office experience essential
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the TD
- An interest in, and understanding of, politics and current affairs
- Knowledge and understanding of the general political environment
- Excellent organisational, research and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, to tight deadlines, and in line with changing priorities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Qualifications relevant to the role
How to apply:
To apply for the position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 10am on Wednesday, 20th April 2016.
The remuneration will be based on a scale determined by the Houses of the Oireachtas, is not at the discretion of the TD, or Fine Gael.
Successful candidates will be subjected to full Garda Vetting in accordance with An Garda Síochána, as per standard Houses of the Oireachtas procedure.